The Simple Version
We use your contact information for our organizational purposes only, and do not share any information about you with third parties. Registration and contributions made through our website also opt you into our e-newsletters, from which you're able to unsubscribe at any time. We think, though, that you'll like them quite a bit.
What Personal Information does the Center for Civic Engagement gather?
Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes subscriptions to our e-Newsletter, donating to us, or submitting a form (such as a comment) on our website. We ask for personal information so that we can fulfill your request and return your message. If you choose not to provide any of that information, we may not be able to fulfill your request or complete your order, but you will still be free to browse the other sections of the websites owned and administered by the Center for Civic Engagement.
From time to time, we will send you e-mail announcements with updates about our organization. We limit the amount of correspondence you receive. On occasion, we will send surveys to your e-mail or postal mailbox. Some demographic data, volunteered through such surveys, is used statistically in grant requests. We never make any personal data collected from these surveys available to a third party.
We publish a newsletter on a quarterly basis. The e-newsletter is distributed by email, although back issues may also be viewed on our website. You may subscribe to or unsubscribe from the email list at any time. Occasionally we may send announcements about Center for Civic Engagement to the mailing list.
Social Media & Comments
The Center for Civic Engagement uses social media such as website comments, and networks like Facebook and Twitter to engage our supporters in dialogue. As mentioned above, we make use of data collected via these functions on our website. On other networks, we abide by the terms and conditions of that website/service, and reserve the right to use those networks for marketing purposes. Comments made on website or Facebook account are reviewed and published at our discretion, and through the use of these functions, you accept that we are permitted to edit, moderate, and re-use comments for in-house promotional materials. Promotions and advertising are not permitted in this medium, nor is derogatory or hateful speech.
How Secure Is Information about Me?
All computers that receive or store personal information are secured by firewalls and other security measures. Additionally, sensitive data such as credit card numbers are processed through GiveLively Merchant Services or Intuit which is encrypted using SSL and other industry standard measures, to provide an additional level of security.
Conditions of Use and Revisions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the Center for Civic Engagement’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.